Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Nourished Life Design Contest - UPDATE

We are coming to the end of the contest (about 1 day left!) and the client and I are trying to decide on color options!  This can be the hardest part.  Once you find a graphic you like you have to decide on what colors you want to represent your company!  The original green/red/yellow kept leading to green and red combinations, which reminded the client of Christmas.  I began trying some blues instead of red.  Here are some color scheme options I have come up with.  I think I like having three colors in the name or when "nourished" stands out more than "a" and "life".  I also am starting to feel that the red is too overpowering to be part of the text.

Please excuse my sloppy labeling!


I decided to upload the bottom two and the top right design (E,F, and B).  Although, I think I like the bottom two on the left (C and E) and the bottom design on the right (F).  The bottom two on the left only use three colors, which I like.  I also like the yellow/green/blue color combination in (F).  I think those three colors balance each other better than the yellow/green/red color combination.

(B) from the picture above

 
The client requested (B) in the above picture with a lighter brown
and with orange replacing yellow.



And we are back to the green person!

08/29/2011 - 5:36pm
The contest is now over and my design won!  This is actually quite exciting because my first couple entries for this contest were not well received and were frankly not very inspired.  So I'm quite glad I continued to work on this and produced a logo the client wanted.

And this is the final, winning design!