Saturday, August 27, 2011

Business Hive Design Contest

The Company: Business Hive is a brand based in Slovenia and owned by a non-profit student organization.  It is an international business crowdsourcing competition allowing students (both foreign and domestic) to take part in current, real-life business challenges.  These are currently "offline" events but Business Hive is developing an online crowdsourcing platform!

The Project: recognizable and attractive to both businesses and students

My Thought Process: This contest had already been going on for a couple days when I looked at it.  There were many many logos using hexagons to incorporate the bee hive idea.  The client/contest holder (CH) had requested that designers try to use something other than hexagons to add variety to their options.  I chose to use a stylized bee hive.

My Submissions

The tie was added to incorporate the "business" part of the name.

This logo attempted to show a network effect.

I felt that the above logo was too confusing with all the white lines so I simply used a bee hive silhouette for this version.

The client requested that I remove the tie from the first logo leaving a simple and clean bee hive representation. 
Both the client and I seem to be happy with this logo as it is currently the highest rated design!
                                                                              

Other Designers' Submissions
Highest Rated to Lowest Rated (though these are all highly rated designs)
 It is hard for me to compare my designs to the other highly rated submissions because they are so different...but here they are!

Designed by: eduart

Designed by: tommyinwai

Designed by: soori0110

Designed by: MyCreativeWay